Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 4 hrs | Total time: 4 hrs 10 mins | Yield: 8 SERVINGS
Super fast and easy to make! This Keto Gumbo is not only delicious, but also low-carb and Paleo-friendly. Make this in the slow cooker, and twenty minutes before serving, toss in the shrimp and cauliflower rice. That’s it you are good to go!
I love Gumbo, and so does my husband. It’s one of his most requested dinners. My family enjoys Southern food, and we are crazy about seafood! I love how I can easily throw this Gumbo together in my slow cooker. And this easy recipe always guarantees a flavorful slow-cooked hearty soup that my family is always raving about! No wonder why this is a repeat at home.
In this recipe, I use a keto thickener (Xanthan Gum) unlike the traditional Gumbo which uses a Roux and has okra in it. This might be authentic Gumbo but sacrifices should be made to eat healthily.
This recipe is pretty simple. You just have to throw all the ingredients except the shrimp in the slow cooker and set them to cook. Ingredients that are easy to find. In the last 20 minutes of cooking, throw in the shrimp, and the Gumbo is ready!
4 tablespoons Garlic in Olive Oil
1 pound Sausage, cut into rounds
3 pounds Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
1 pound frozen Shrimp, deveined, no tails
1 Bell Pepper, diced
2 Celery Stalks, diced
6 oz. Tomato Paste
15 oz. Diced Tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon each: Cayenne, Thyme, Oregano, Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1 Onion, Diced
1-2 c. Chicken Bone Broth
1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
How to make Keto Gumbo
Step 1: In the slow cooker, place all the ingredients except for the shrimp. Mix well. Cover the slow cooker and set it to cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low.
Step 2: About 20 minutes before serving, toss in the shrimp.
Step 3: Keep the Keto Gumbo warm. Enjoy!
Keto Gumbo (Slow Cooker, THM:S, Low Carb, Paleo, Ketogenic, Whole30)
- 4 tablespoons Garlic in Olive Oil
- 1 pound Sausage cut into rounds
- 3 pounds Chicken Thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 pound frozen Shrimp deveined, no tails
- 1 Bell Pepper diced
- 2 Celery Stalks diced
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- 15 oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon each: Cayenne Thyme, Oregano, Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1-2 c. Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- In the slow cooker, place all the ingredients except for the shrimp. Mix well. Cover the slow cooker and set it to cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low.
- About 20 minutes before serving toss in the shrimp.
- Keep the Keto Gumbo warm. Enjoy!